2 April 2013

Blue Day

Hola lovlies!

Today is "autism awareness day," an issue thats close to my heart. If you didn't know, since as far back as I can remember I was raised working and helping my mum out of her centre for children with both autism and Aspergers. I have grown up appreciating each child's unique attributes and special talents that are associated with Autism, and have had the opportunity to help each child grow and learn. 

What is autism? Autism is a lifelong developmental disorder that affects the way people interact and communicate with those around them.  Each child and adult with an ASD is unique and has their own strengths, gifts and support needs. 

Autism affects 1 in 88 children
Autism is the fastest growing serious developmental disability in the US
Autism costs a family $60,000/year
There is no medical solution or cure for Autism 

To show my support for the issue I participated in 'wear blue to work day'



Jeans || J brand, Belt || AE, Top || Joe Fresh, Necklace || H&M, Boots || Steve Madden

Show you care tweet #AutismAwareness, Wear blue or click to learn more about autism and how you can help.

ilonaxx



0 comments:

Post a Comment