28 August 2012

Dorm Room

This is my new home!

I have taken a couple pictures of room, I have a single room with a queen bed and couch and a private bathroom, which is very nice and there is lots of room!

This is the view as you walk in the door...

Heres the bed and the couch....

Half the closet, and my stock of food!
 The desk, I just got my pink chair from home today as my dad drove down to drop it off, we got given an old chair from like a dining room table! aha I just realized my foots in the photo... sorry...

The window, and a couple of my photos I put up to make my room feel more homie

A couple more photos!

And then the bathroom, nothing fancy!

So Im going to be honest, this whole experience was one of the weirdest things I have done. Its a completely new experience moving somewhere new, and not knowing anyone at all. I think what helped me, was knowing that my family wasn't far away, and its less than an hour journey to come see me or vice versa. 

Heres a good tip! Don't think you overpacked!
When I was packing I literally packed half my room, it makes the space feel more you, and comfortable as it is filled with stuff you like. Obviously don't pack a bunch of random stuff thats going to make the small space feel cluttered but to make it organized and not bare.

I realized theres a lot of pink in my room... aha I guess it makes it easier to know its a girls room!!

As for meeting new people and stuff, you just have to put yourself out there. Im a really shy person when it comes to meeting new people, but everyone here is on the same boat as you and they all want to meet new people and make friends. 

well I will keep you updated!
ilona xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment